The Constitutions of the Congregation of Holy Cross serve several purposes in the life of each Holy Cross priest and brother. At a basic level they are the rule to the life that we live, providing the outline for how our individual and common life is to be ordered. Yet they also serve the much deeper purpose of speaking to why it is that we came to this life in Holy Cross, what it is that we seek by entering into this life, and what we offer to the Church and the world through our religious life.
Reading through and praying with the Constitutions is a regular practice for all Holy Cross religious. We offer them to you here that you might come to know more about who we are and what we offer through our consecration. We have also included questions for reflection to accompany each Constitution. Spend some time with the questions and use them to help you consider if Christ is inviting you to join us.
- Constitution 1: God's Call
- Constitution 2: Mission
- Constitution 3: Prayer
- Constitution 4: Brotherhood
- Constitution 5: Consecration and Commitment
- Constitution 6: Formation and Transformation
- Constitution 7: Authority and Responsibility
- Constitution 8: The Cross, Our Hope
- View complete text for printing